Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Stacking the Shelves [1]



Woohoo! This is Chantelle here! I'm so happy to be kickstarting our first post of Stacking the Shelves! So how this works is I'll be showcasing some of the books I've bought, received or borrowed this month. I think I've got a pretty good haul if I do say so myself, although let's be honest, mine look seriously weak compared to Nara's! Her's are coming soon...

But back to mine!! 



For Review
Speechless by Hannah Harrington
Review coming soon... (spoiler) I loved it
Scent of Magic (Healer #2) by Maria V. Snyder
This is the sequel to Touch of Magic, and if you haven't read it, you really should!
Butter by Erin Jade Lange
So excited for this one, the blurb gave me chills.
ARC: The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden #2) by Julie Kagawa
Kanin. Kanin. Kanin. I need to know if he's alright!!!!


Won
Shatter Me (Shatter Me #1) by Tahereh Mafi
Isn't it stunning!!!!

Borrowed
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
It has pictures! And this hardback edition is gorgeous, I need to buy it. 

Bought
Sweet Evil (Sweet Evil #1) by Wendy Higgins
FYI Sweet Peril is coming out soon... SO EXCITED!
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
Got this really lovely hard cover edition at the local Oxfam Second hand book store. 
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
Devoured this one! The passion is unrivalled. 
"Catherine Earnshaw, may you not rest as long as I am living. You said I killed you - haunt me then... Be with me always - take any form - drive me mad. Only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!" I get shivers every time I read that quote.
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
No explanation needed. This is a book that should be read by anyone who can read. It's that good.

and finally,
drumroll please....

The John Green Box Set:
Looking for Alaska, An Abundance of Katherines, Paper Towns, The Fault in Our Stars
I am the happiest girl alive, I would highly recommend buying this beautiful box set. Not only are the novels truly amazing, come on, it's John Green folks, but the books are all pristine hard covers. Underneath, they are all a classy black with an engraving of John Green's signature on the cover; very elegant. And on the inside, each book is a different colour, and the pages have a very nice weight to them. I just, couldn't be any happier with this buy. 



So that's it for me this month! I'd love to hear what you guys have been reading as well, so please feel free to leave a link to your shelves in the comments below, or even just to tell me what books you have bought, won, borrowed etc, and especially whether you loved them!



Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews