Friday, July 5, 2013

Summer Lovin Read-a-Thon: Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin On



  • “Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin On” Participation Post:
    • Let’s do book shimmies! We made it through the week-long part of the read-a-thon!!! Congratulate yourself and your new bookish friends on their progress so far. Did you get as much read as you wanted to so far? Have you changed your goals for the 24-hr marathon read?



Nara
I think I've been doing quite well in my reading. I got through more than half of my books!
Books I've read so far (total count 14):
Paper Towns
Divergent
My Life Next Door
For Darkness Shows the Stars
The Lightning Thief
The Titan's Curse
The Last Olympian
The Sea of Tranquility
Clockwork Angel
Clockwork Prince
Clockwork Princess
Reboot
Gameboard of the Gods
Shatter Me
And I'm about a fifth of the way through Unravel Me

I think my goal for the 24 marathon read is the same: get through as many books as possible!


Chantelle
Okay, unlike Nara, I vastly overestimated my ability to read 2 books a day since - yeah, that was never going to be a reality, a dream maybe. Especially as it's the beginning of holidays and I have many seasons of Arrested Development to catch up on (in the words of the Bluth family - I've made a huge mistake).

So! Books read so far (total count 3.5)
The Liberty Tree (To be fair, this one took me ages because it was quite boring)
The Parts I Remember (Amazing! and INT giveaway on the right side bar)
Elixir (Covenant, #3.5)
Apollyon (Covenant, #4 - currently half way through)

My goal now for the 24 hour marathon is to maybe reach that dream and read 2 that day.

However, a massive congratulations and thank you to all you absolutely lovely bloggers who have participated in this read-a-thon with us, and for posting such wonderful comments, poetry and teasers so far!


Challenge 5: Cover Title Scramble
Hosted by Love. Life. Read.
Rules:
  • Pick 5 from each month and unscramble them. Each grouping of letters is one word (and I have kept the words in order)
  • Put the answers in your blog post
May Titles:
1) The 5th Wave
2) The Enchantress
3) Winger
4) Just One Kiss
5) Any Duchess Will Do
6) It Had To Be You
7) Lost and Found
8) The Boleyn King
9) Once Upon A Prince


June Titles:
1) The Moon and More
2) Siege and Storm
3) Star Cursed
4) Sweet Salt Air
5) The Newcomer
6) Forever Too Far
7) The Taming of Ryder Cavanaugh
8) Two of a Kind
9) One Sweet Ride
10) What The Duke Desires
11) Faking It


July Titles:
1. If the Shoe Fits
2. The Edge of Never
3. First Sight a Novel
4. True Love
5. Three Little Words
6. The Night is Alive
7. Perfect Fling
8. Chose the Wrong Guy Gave Him the Wrong Finger
9. Home to Whiskey Creek


August Titles:
1. Fall of Five
2. Crown of Midnight
3. The Shade of the Moon
4. Rose Harbor in Bloom
5. The Hero
6. Big Sky Wedding
7. Castaway Cove a Shelter Bay Novel
8. This Girl a Novel
9. Temptation



7 comments:

  1. Y'all are doing so good on your goal!! Wonderful job with the scramble(:
    Jackie

    http://www.nobentspines.blogspot.com/2013/07/summer-lovin-read-athon-day-5-whole.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! That is alot of books Nara! Holy smokes! Chantelle, no worries, You are doing great even if you are not making your goals. Keep moving forward!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah!! That is a lot of books wow haha. Good luck ladies :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I would have read more by now, too, but I'm still happy to have been reading every day, and I'm sure I've read more than I would have in a week without a r-a-t in it! Good luck with the rest of your awesome lookin' stack.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Nara. 14 books. Amazing. How did you do that? Great job! Good job to Chantelle, too. Good luck with the rest of your goals. Happy reading~ :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the scramble and reading. Thanks for participating in my challenges and Summer Lovin'.

    Happy Reading!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, you two are doing great! :D Have fun, girls! :D

    ReplyDelete