Friday, May 1, 2015

Read ALL THE BOOKS Update: April

If you don't know what this post is about, you can read this introduction post. Basically, I realised I have way too many unread books on my physical shelves, and so I'm going to try read as many of them as possible in the coming months. I'll probably continue this feature until I finish them all...but I don't know whether that will actually happen seeing as though I keep buying books. And borrowing books from the library. And requesting eARCs. Tis a problem.

My definition for "unread" either means that I haven't read the book at all, or that I haven't read that particular copy of the book (might have read it before as an eARC or something)

So, I had a rather fantastic month in reading in terms of books on my shelf! Which isn't too surprising, because I pretty much only buy books I know I'll enjoy/want to reread. And the ones I got for review/won were pretty good as well!

Random question! Did anyone send me the first four books in the Dresden files? Because I got them in the mail the other day and I'm pretty sure I didn't buy them...I don't remember entering a giveaway for them either...such a mystery.

Such a pretty set of books!

7 Stars (Favourite)
The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson (reread: first read library book)
The Well of Ascension by Brandon Sanderson (reread: first read library book)

6 Stars (Incredible)
The Last Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff
Half Wild by Sally Green
Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli (reread: first read eARC)
Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff  (reread: first read library book)

5 Stars (Really liked it)
I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
We All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach
Shadow Study by Maria V Snyder
Making Pretty by Corey Ann Haydu

Have you read any of these books? If you havent, you need to. At least read Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda. It's relatively short, LGBT, funny, has a fabulous romance, touches on lots of relevant contemporary issues, is a debut and is just really adorable in general. Do ittttt.